Sunday, March 18, 2012

Recipe: Disaronno and Malibu Truffles


Disaronnno Truffles (Hazelnut)

Next week my wife Tammy will celebrate her birthday.

Purchasing a gift for her special day has always been difficult. Actually, purchasing any gift for her has been difficult. It's not that she is difficult. She prefers the simple things. That's what makes it difficult! It's much easier to give her money and let her shop for herself than to use the ole noggin and surprise her. I should tell you she also dislikes surprises. Her simplicity gives me a headache! What's a guy to do?

Her favorite leisure activity is to curl up with a good book and read the day away. She also enjoys food as much as I do. Deserts mostly - Anything chocolate. There's a surprise! Crossing off my list of options, I was left with very little in which to choose. And just like that it hit me!!

Needing a recipe for this week's post I decided to take out two birds with one stone. I prepared Truffles with Disaronno and Malibu. Chocolate and alcohol. Sort of like dinner and a movie. And it was simple. How could I go wrong? I also purchased her a book.

Ingredients:
Malibu Truffles (Coconut)

5 oz. Milk Chocolate melting wafers
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1/4 C. Heavy cream
1/4 C. Nutella
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1-1/2 T. Disaronno liqueur
* same ingredients for Malibu just sub in the Malibu liqueur for the Disaronno.

Directions:

(1) In a double boiler over medium low heat combine chocolate, heavy cream and nutella.
Heat until melted. Stir until smooth.

(2) Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Whisk in vanilla and Disaronno liqueur. Pour into a shallow glass bowl, preferably flat Pyrex. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it sets up firm.

(3) Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet. With a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop create 1 inch balls. Roll in hazelnuts and refrigerate until ready to serve.

** For Malibu Truffles follow all steps above replacing Disaronno with Malibu liqueur. Roll in coconut.

BlogrollCenter.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment